In this panel style conversation we will discuss what it’s like to work as a consultant within the nonprofit sector, both from a gig-based and full-time perspective. We will discuss the differences between acting as an adviser and being a staff member ‘on-the-ground’, why it might be less glamour than you think, and why it’s right career for you. This event will be a partly moderate event and open for audience participation.
Goals for this event:
- Discussion on the differences between the on the ground work and advising roles.
- Paths each panelist took to get into consulting, differences between each role.
- Answering any questions and conversing about the highs and lows of consulting
The panel will include experienced consultants, including a moderator to facilitate the conversation.
- Steve Strang, MPA - Practice Director, Senior Consultant at Spectrum Nonprofit Services
- Laurel O’Sullivan, J.D. - Founder and Principal of the Advocacy Collaborative, LLC
- Cody McSellers-McCray, MPH - Consultant to Nonprofits and Hospitals/Health Systems & Regional Director, Community Health (Cook County) at Presence Health
This event is sold out
208 S LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60604
Google map and directions