Job Title: MW Organizing Fellow
Organization: Young Invincibles
Position Description: Young Invincibles is looking for an Organizing Fellow to join our Midwest Office. This position is full-time, three to six months in duration, and pays a monthly stipend based on experience, as well as all travel costs.
Principal Responsibilities: The Midwest Organizing Fellow will focus on a campaign to reduce youth unemployment by improving access to quality job training opportunities for young people. The fellow will also work to a limited extent on our projects related to higher education affordability and access to health care. Planning and implementing these campaigns will require strategic planning, focus group facilitation, research, event planning, organizing, partnership building, and public speaking skills. This position requires intensive partnership building and maintenance.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and capable of working independently, is comfortable with public speaking, experienced in facilitating trainings and/or presentations, has youth organizing experience, and is able to communicate effectively and professionally, both with team members as well as with outside partners.
• Planning details and logistics for all events within assigned locations in Illinois,
• Recruiting participation and turnout for events,
• Working to extensively build and maintain partners,
• Researching, developing, and improving training materials for events and businesses,
• Researching, developing, and improving materials evaluating young adults’ experiences in apprenticeships,
• Presenting and facilitating trainings, presentations, and workshops,
• Duties may also include aiding the Communications Team with op-eds, social media, blogging, and press outreach.
Job Type: Contract
• Experience with facilitating presentations, group discussions, and trainings,
• Talent for building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including community-based organizations, diverse young adult populations, agencies, and businesses,
• Thrive on change, innovation, and teamwork
• Ability to understand and communicate complicated topics,
• Excellent organizational and communications skills,
• Passion for Young Invincibles’ mission.
The following are a plus but not requirements:
• Experience with outreach and constituency-based groups,
• Experience and interest in communications, press, and social media,
• Experience with advocacy
• Spanish language skills
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and a resume in an email with the subject line “Organizing Fellow” to: email@example.com. Preference given to candidates who can start in April.
Last Day to Apply: 03/31/2017
Posted by: Erin Steva, firstname.lastname@example.org