Job Title: Logan Square Site Manager
Organization: Tutoring Chicago
Tutoring Chicago has been supporting kids in need for over 50 years. Tutoring Chicago is a private, non-profit organization that provides free weekly tutoring to approximately 600-700 economically disadvantaged students a week in grades one through six with the help of over 625 dedicated volunteers. Each student is paired with his/her own volunteer tutor. The organization provides a safe, stable learning environment and individualized attention for the children.
The Logan Square Site Manager (LSSM) serves as a key member of our leadership team and more specifically manages our Logan Square tutoring site. The LSSM is accountable for the efficacy and execution of our educational programming and resources for SMART tutoring, while providing overall site communication and leadership. Details include overseeing nightly tutoring sessions (M, T, W), serving as the leader and supporter of our constituency in Logan Square along with daily management, communication and programming in line with Tutoring Chicago’s mission and high standards. The LSSM represents Tutoring Chicago, becoming a well-received member of the Goethe School community and additional Logan Square schools.
Job Type: Full Time
– Consistently available evenings Monday through Wednesday throughout the school year
– Very strong leadership, organization and communication skills
– Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in education or social sciences preferred
– Experience and licensing at the elementary level, preferably with ESL experience
– Knowledge of best practices in teaching reading, math, social skills, technology
– Preferably fluent in speaking, reading and writing Spanish
– Effective time management skills and work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done. Able to work independently in a remote office or from home
– Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
– Works well as part of a team; flexible and adaptable
– Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment; Capacity to make sound quick decisions/decisiveness
– Inviting and energetic personality that engages and connects with our constituencies
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Send both resume and cover letter.
Last Day to Apply: 04/30/2017
Posted by: Bradley Troast, firstname.lastname@example.org