Job Title: Landscape and snow removal crew leader
Title: Landscape and snow removal crew leader
Reports to: Landscape and snow removal manager
Founded in 2005, Cleanslate is a social enterprise of The Cara Program, provides paid transitional jobs in neighborhood beautification which have a dual purpose – invigorating our communities and providing the platform to help individuals build the skills to secure lasting careers.
Purpose: To serve as Crew Chief/Field Supervisor for Cleanslate’s landscaping & snow removal operations providing strong leadership and job execution.
• Provide overall supervision of Cleanslate’s landscape and snow removal field services.
• Lead projects to the finish ensuring all safety practices are being followed while being mindful of efficient time utilization.
• Oversee field operations to ensure projects are being executed in accordance with contract and clients expectations
• Provide a high level and intense management presence to ensure a high level of quality control with assigned crew.
• Ensure all weekly/monthly landscape work is completed on time based on landscape schedule
• In collaboration with other staff, ensure all documentation is complete, accurate, and delivered on time.
• This position requires the manager/leader to be actively participating in all labor tasks related to snow or landscape.
• Candidate must be have solid understanding of proper horticultural practices as it relates to perennials, annuals and woody plant material
• Work with other staff to ensure scheduling, equipment maintenance, and supplies are all secured
• Ensure all human resource requirements and laws are abided by.
• Perform additional duties as deemed necessary and appropriate by Cleanslate Management.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
• Minimum of 3 years of field experience with one year of prior supervisory experience.
• Valid driver’s license (CDL class b preferred but not necessary)
• Illinois Department of Agriculture’s Commercial Pest Control Operator License required. (or obtained within 30 days of hire)
• Solid knowledge of plant material, diseases and insects, chemical spray and irrigation.
• Candidate should possess understanding of basic pruning practices.
• Capable of lifting 50 pounds
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of unexpected obstacles independently.
• Consistent and articulate communicator.
• Strong work ethic with ability to excel in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
• Must be comfortable driving large vehicles with trailers, CDL preferred.
• Must be able to handle heavy equipment and drive a vehicle with a trailer.
• Candidate should have experience using a variety of landscape and snow removal equipment.
Cleanslate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
How to Apply
send resume, cover letter, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Day to Apply: 04/30/2017
Posted by: Karen M Righeimer, email@example.com