Applications for the 2020-2022 board term are now available.
The application deadline is Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Central Time
You can view the list of open positions here.
Who We Are
YNPN Chicago’s Executive Board is made up of 19 young professionals from across the region's social sector. We are an all-volunteer, working and governing board, responsible for YNPN Chicago’s strategic vision, operations, and activities. Serving on the board offers a unique opportunity to influence the direction of Chicago’s nonprofit sector and the chance to interact with the city’s most passionate and effective public service leaders.
How It Works
While all board members are involved in shaping the direction of YNPN Chicago, the board structure invites a primary focus on one specific area of the organization. YNPN Chicago remains flexible in changing focus areas depending on evolving needs and capacity. Board members serve a two-year term and are required to attend monthly meetings. Individuals elected to the board are also expected to contribute financially in the form of annual dues of $75.
What We Look For
- A passion for the mission of YNPN Chicago and the larger nonprofit sector
- Ability to dedicate an average of 8 hours per week to YNPN Chicago responsibilities and activities
- Organized, self-starters who are eager to contribute and able to accomplish projects with minimal supervision
- Commitment to work through the lens of equity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Ability to balance idea generation with execution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative, team environment