Who We Are
YNPN Chicago’s Executive Board is comprised of 15-20 young professionals from the city’s mission-driven organizations. While we are primarily comprised of nonprofit professionals, we are welcoming to those of other sectors. The all-volunteer, working board oversees all of YNPN Chicago’s operations and activities and is committed to strengthening the nonprofit community. Serving on the board offers a unique opportunity to influence the direction of Chicago’s nonprofit sector and the chance to interact with the city’s best and brightest public service leaders.
How It Works
While all board members are involved in shaping the direction of YNPN Chicago, the board structure invites a primary focus on one specific area of the organization. Currently, our function areas include: Communications, Programming, Finance, Development, Membership, and coordination with YNPN National. YNPN Chicago remains flexible in changing focus areas depending on evolving needs and capacity. Board members serve a two-year term and are required to attend monthly meetings on a designated weekday evening. Board members host meetings at their offices, which are typically downtown. Individuals elected to the board are also expected to contribute financially in the form of one-time annual dues.
What We Look For
- Passion for the mission of YNPN Chicago and the larger nonprofit sector
- Availability to dedicate an average of 10 hours per week on YNPN Chicago responsibilities and activities
- Organized, self-starters who are eager to contribute and able to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Deadline-driven and detail-oriented professionals
- Ability to balance idea generation with execution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative, team environment
- Clear track record of successful leadership
- Demonstrated skills and experience related to specific focus area
- Comfort being an ambassador of YNPN Chicago to the larger community