Job Title: Institutional GIving Coordinator
Organization: Northlight Theatre
Reporting to the Director of Advancement & taking direction from both the Director of Advancement and the Associate Director of Advancement, the Institutional Giving Coordinator is responsible for database management, gift acknowledgement and tracking; staffing fundraising events and activities; recording and fulfilling donor benefits; assisting with mailings and solicitations; reconciling monthly Development & Finance records; and providing general administrative support to the Advancement Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage database accurately and in a timely fashion including gift entry, acknowledgement letters, maintaining paper files, and regular reporting and analysis.
• Research, clean and update database to implement current best practices and information, maximizing the benefits of all eTapestry capabilities.
• Administer all direct mail appeals as well as any special campaigns. Research and report on Individual Donor statistics and trends as requested.
• Coordinate invite lists, invitations, RSVPs and attendance for donor events including Opening Nights, Donor Receptions, and other events as assigned. Seat Opening Night patrons and communicate ticket needs to Box Office.
• Research Donor prospect lists as requested and staff Director of Advancement and Associate Director of Advancement in the cultivation and solicitation of resulting prospects.
• Draft and distribute Donor Exclusive/Newsletter via e-mail on a quarterly basis.
• Ensure all donations are recognized appropriately in show programs, building signage, etc.
• Staff fundraising events and donor receptions under the supervision of the Associate Director of Advancement. Provide support including but not limited to: registration tables, food and beverage pickup and prep, décor, and clean up.
• Reconcile fundraising results with Finance office on a monthly basis.
Northlight Theatre is a professional LORT C theatre located just north of Chicago with an annual budget of $3 million, producing a 5-play mainstage season, the Interplay new play program, a dynamic year-round audience engagement and education program, and a summer camp.
Location: Skokie, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Fluency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and a Donor Database System required; eTapestry preferred. Must have a college degree in related field and experience in non-profit fundraising or equivalent field. Must be extremely detail-oriented and technologically adept as well as able to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment. This position will interact with board and individual donors. As such, must consistently project calm, friendly and positive demeanor. Valid drivers’ license and access to vehicle preferred. Must be able to lift 30lbs+.
Compensation: This position is full-time and salaried. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, expected salary $30K. The range of benefits includes medical, dental and vision insurance, vacation pay, paid sick leave, and a 401(k) retirement program.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Northlight Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving candidates from a broad spectrum of people, including women and minorities. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with your specific skills related to this position by April 3, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Last Day to Apply: 04/03/2017
Posted by: Janet Mullet, email@example.com