Job Title: Institutional Giving Associate
Title: Institutional Giving Associate
Supervisor: Manager of Institutional Relations
With the support of the Manager of Institutional Relations, the Institutional Giving Associate will implement strategies to cultivate long-term, comprehensive relationships with primarily institutional grant-making organizations up to $25,000 in annual giving (roughly 30 funders). This position will co-manage and grow a portfolio of corporate and foundation funders to ensure a diverse revenue stream for Cara.
In tandem with the Manager of Institutional Relations, the Institutional Giving Associate will initiate and maintain communications with prospects and funders through onsite in-person meetings (i.e. site visits), telephone exchanges, and other methods of prospecting and communication such as written correspondence via letters of inquiry, formal proposals, and official visits to funders. The individual will work with staff members at all levels to ensure that application deadlines are met, proposals are of the highest quality, and that grantors expectations are met. Furthermore, the Institutional Giving Associate will meet with program staff to gather programmatic information to support grant applications and also with finance to assist in developing budgets associated with the grant.
Grants Management (75%)
• Manages annual grant calendar for foundation and corporate accounts up to $25,000 each (roughly 30 funders)
• Conducts occasional prospect research to grow portfolio by a minimum of 3-5 new funders annually
• Schedules site visits and coordinates meeting logistics
• Updates Salesforce regularly to track grant activity
• Assists Manager of Institutional Relations to complete grant submission logistics (e.g. scans, mailings, etc.)
• Ensures that all contacts and activities with institutional funders are recorded in Salesforce and that funder objectives and grant agreements are met and fulfilled by their deadlines
• Attends weekly meetings with Manager of Institutional Relations to review prospects and deadlines, as well as to strategize on new grant-related questions
• Collects needed staff information from HR (sans salary info) and budget-related information from Finance (e.g. annual budgets, audits, 990s, etc)
• Maintains lists of YTD funders
• Writes annual case for support, including templates for proposals (updated annually), reports (updated bi-annually), LOIs (annually), and cover letters (updated quarterly), and records new writing in case statement
• Assists with drafting development-related communications, including but not limited to success stories, newsletter articles, social media content, solicitation letters, and acknowledgement letters
Government Grants (5%)
• Produces grant narrative and supplementary materials, when needed, for government grant opportunities
Special Events (5%)
• Supports the Development Team in promoting and executing all special events
Job Type: Full Time
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Prefer applicants with 2-3 years of comparable experience writing grants and managing relationships with foundation & corporate funders.
• Must have outstanding oral and written communication, organization, project management and interpersonal skills, and strong interest in grant writing & fund development.
• Aptitude with Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT.
• Ability to simultaneously manage short-term and long-term plans and goals.
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred, or other fundraising software.
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
• Available for some evening and weekend work (for events).
• Commitment to excellence and, most importantly, a passion for the mission and services of Cara.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
To Apply: Qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Karen Righeimer, Manager of HR and Operations at email@example.com in order to be considered.
Cara is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Last Day to Apply: 04/30/2017
Posted by: Karen M Righeimer, firstname.lastname@example.org