Job Title: HR Assistant
Organization: Gads Hill Center
Community Health Specialist
Gads Hill Center, a social service organization established in 1898, creates opportunities for children and their families to build a better life through education, access to resources and community engagement.
About Gads Hill Center:
Established in 1898 as a settlement house serving the Pilsen community, Gads Hill Center has expanded to serve children, youth and families from sites in North Lawndale, Brighton Park, Pilsen and Chicago Lawn, as well as multiple school-based locations. Our formal programs serve over 4,000 families annually, and include early childhood education, comprehensive family support, academic and social-emotional support, school-based mental health, and community nutrition education. In addition, the agency reaches over 15,000 individuals annually through one-time community health and fitness events.
The Community Health Specialist is responsible for conducting outreach, recruitment and management of the agency’s health initiatives. The Community Health Specialist also ensures that Gads Hill Center’s programs are fulfilling the mission of health initiatives as required by funders, and that deliverables are on target. Additionally, the position helps oversee and implement all components of our Healthy Moves initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Health Initiative Management
1. Recruit, train, support and supervise a network of adult health promoters from agency programs, partner schools, and other collaborative partners.
2. Provide health promoters with support in identifying outreach opportunities, workshops and cohort meetings.
3. Ensure workshops adhere to the program logic model; plan and implement training for health promoters as needed and required by funders to meet deliverables.
4. Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of health and parent training initiatives to ensure health education program goals are met.
5. Recruit, train, support and supervise a network of adult health promoters from agency programs, partner schools, and other community partners.
6. Lead workshops and outreach opportunities as needed to fill in for absent contracted health promoters.
7. Observe and monitor workshops at random to ensure adherence to program logic model.
8. Provide support to contracted health promoters to identify outreach opportunities, workshops, and cohort meetings, and ensure outreach targets are met as stated by deliverables.
9. Monitor collection of evaluation and assessment data, and enter data into ETO database to measure and analyze effectiveness of deliverables.
10. Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health and parent training initiatives; maintain inventory of project materials and distribute to contracted health promoters and program staff as needed.
11. Attend all Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) trainings.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Entry Salary Range: $15 / hour
Schedule: Part-time (25 hours / week)
Status: Permanent / Hourly
Location: 1919 W. Cullerton St.
Location: 1919 W Cullerton St, Chicago, IL 60608
Job Type: Part Time
1. Bilingual Spanish/English highly recommended.
2. Associates degree required with a minimum two years of experience with community health.
3. Work well under pressure and adhere to strict timelines.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills (writing sample required).
5. Demonstrate ability to build and leverage effective relationships with key stakeholders.
6. A track record of leading successful community organizing.
7. Proven ability to work effectively with diverse people and groups.
8. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
9. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and willingness to develop additional skills as needed.
10. Excellent organizational skills to set priorities and meet deadlines.
11. Ability to pass a criminal record and child abuse/neglect registry check.
12. A passion for the mission of Gads Hill Center.
13. Experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
14. Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to travel locally.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
To apply, send resume, cover letter and transcripts by email to:
Human Resources Assistant
Last Day to Apply: 04/30/2017
Posted by: Karina Gomez, email@example.com