Job Title: Development Advisor – Schaumburg
Organization: Feed My Starving Children
Fundraise for Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) by building and strengthening relationships and soliciting donors from a portfolio of individuals, churches, corporations and organizations in the $500-5000 annual gift category. Meet Development incentive plan objectives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Make 20-30 daily contacts with current and prospective donors through phone, email and face-to-face meetings to foster and strengthen relationships and solicit donations.
• Analyze portfolio, identify top donors, and set strategy and goals to further engage those donors with FMSC and increase their giving.
• Collaborate on strategic fundraising initiatives with the Development team.
• Maintain accurate donor/prospect information in donor database.
• Conduct special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Schedule & Details:
• Benefits-eligible, full-time, exempt (salaried) position. Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday during daytime business hours. Some evenings and weekends required.
• Work location is Schaumburg, IL. Must be willing and able to travel to locations around the Chicago metro area.
• Reports to Development Director.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• Commitment to support, promote, and authentically communicate FMSC’s Christian mission and goals.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field and 1 year of experience in a development or sales office. Phone fundraising/sales experience required.
• Proven track record of successful fundraising, including demonstrated ability to meet or exceed fundraising or sales goals, increase individual donations, and do the “ask” and “close” with donors and prospects. Demonstrated experience using effective interpersonal and customer service skills to build strong relationships with donors or customers.
• Self-directed with high level of energy, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
• Contact management experience, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated competency in writing, public speaking, and storytelling.
• Strong analytical and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office. Raiser’s Edge or other donor/sales database experience preferred.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
To Apply: Complete the online application and upload a cover letter and resume at www.fmsc.org/apply. Position is open until filled.
Last Day to Apply: 04/24/2017
Posted by: Rita Gohman, email@example.com