Job Title: Data Consultant
Organization: Supplies for Dreams
Supplies for Dreams (SFD) is a 501©3 non-profit that provides school supplies, field trips, and mentoring services to Chicago Public Schools. SFD’s Quality Assurance (QA) team is seeking a data consultant to help develop measurement tools to validly and reliably assess student outcomes. Specifically, we are looking to measure the impact of Supplies for Dreams’ programs on students in terms of agency, broad worldview, confidence, and love of learning.
The primary aim of QA is to evaluate the impact of Supplies for Dreams’ core programs: Academic Enrichment and Award-a-Field-Trip. The Academic Enrichment program connects Chicago Public School sixth graders with a Northwestern mentor for one school year and the Award-a-Field Trip program brings CPS students on field trips to museums in Chicago. While QA has previously developed several measurement tools (i.e., surveys and interview protocol), this will be the first time we enlist the assistance of a professional data consultant to guide measure development.
● Familiarizing oneself with the Academic Enrichment and Award-a-Field Trip programs through meetings with the programming directors and shadowing the sessions.
● Researching current ways of measuring desired outcomes (i.e., agency, broad worldview, confidence, and love of learning)
● Designing appropriate measurement tools (i.e., surveys, scales, interviews, behavioral tests, etc.) for measuring desired student outcomes
● Pilot testing and validating measurement tools in for use in the respective programs
● Iteratively refining measurement tools based on pilot testing
● Creating data analytics procedures and assisting with preliminary data analyses
Location: Evanston, IL
Job Type: Temporary
● Past experience in:
Design of original educational or psychological measurement tools
○ Program evaluation
○ Translation of qualitative information (e.g., interview responses) into quantitative data
○ Data analysis (especially taking data and using it in a prescriptive manner to inform future decisions about our programs)
● Demonstrated interest in education/child development
● Strong research skills
● A clear conceptual framework for implementing the aforementioned tools
● Strong interpersonal skills/willingness to work in teams and contribute
● Ability to effectively communicate findings/proposals in reasonable simplistic language
● Ability to interpret data and assess the quality and correctness of data sets; should be able to propose reasonable rationales for why data is or is not valid
● Time commitment: 15-20 hours a week (exact schedule to be determined with the QA team once candidate is selected)
● This is a paid position (exact rate to be determined)
Education Requirement: Bachelors, Doctorate, Masters
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with the subject line "Supplies for Dreams Data Consultant"
Last Day to Apply: 03/31/2017
Posted by: Pavel Kleyner, firstname.lastname@example.org