This page is a collection of community-curated resources that we hope will be helpful to you during this time - we haven't clicked through everything on all of these but we believe them to be worth sharing. We know there are a lot of resources out there, our hope is that this collection can be a starting point for our particular network of nonprofit professionals whether you're looking to be the best remote leader you can or you're trying to keep your family healthy and fed.
We are always open to feedback and additional resources. If you have something you think we should consider adding, or a resource you would like help finding, please let us know via email (email@example.com) or by filling out this form, and we will do our best to expand this list. We hope you are doing ok, and please let us know how we can be of service!
General Collections of Resources
- Communities In Schools of Chicago compiled this spreadsheet full of all sorts of resources, from medical information to hotlines to legal resources to ideas for how to keep kids entertained inside all day!
- City Bureau has put together a Resource Finder with a long list of external resources, which is searchable by topic, language, and more.
- Forefront has compiled many resources for nonprofits and funders, including resources by sector, policy and census updates, and more.
- Block Club Chicago has a long list of resource links for if you feel, need help, want to support local business, and much more.
Resources for Individuals and Families
- It's ok to need some mental health support right now! Try:
The Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation "recognizes that during this difficult time, affording the cost of mental health services can be a barrier in the African-American community" and is offering access to free mental health services on a first come, first serve basis - registration opens on June 5th.
- The Chicago Teacher's Union has a compilation of resources for families including links to mutual aid funds, e-learning information, food resources, and much more.
- Still waiting for your stimulus check or not sure if you're eligible? Check here.
- Greater Chicago Food Depository has a searchable map of food bank and pop-up food pantry locations.
- Golden Apple has a collection of online learning tools for students, teachers, and parents.
- Many places are offering trainings and classes for free right now, including:
Information about COVID-19
- The Illinois Department of Health COVID page has information on workplace safety, the executive order, and statistics on coronavirus cases in Illinois. They also have a page on testing guidance and locations, and on metrics used to guide the Restore Illinois Plan phases.
- Information about the Restore Illinois plan and phases can be found on the State of Illinois website.
- The City of Chicago Coronavirus Response Center includes information such as the Ask Dr. Arwady videos, employment and volunteer opportunities, information on safety and testing, and the reopening framework.
- The World Health Organization also has a broad collection of coronavirus information, data, and resources.
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
- Project Forward and Chicago Community Loan Fund have compiled a Chicagoland COVID-19 Community Development Response Guide including a section specific to nonprofit funding support.
- Forefront has links to COVID-19 Response Funds across the state.
- FMA has a Payment Protection Program toolbox that is updated regularly and specifically structured to support nonprofits through the PPP process.
- IFF is a nonprofit that lends to nonprofits and you can now apply for PPP through them.
- The Donor Relations Guru resources page includes live videos, links, and work samples.
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP has a collection of legal-leaning resources on CoVid and planning for reopening.
- Council of Nonprofits includes information on equity responses, reopening considerations, and more.
- NAACP on ten equity considerations of coronavirus.
Resources on Job Searching and Working/Managing Remotely
- The YNPN Chicago Job Board is still open for new postings, as are:
- The Muse has a collection of resources on working during Covid, it's not nonprofit specific but has a wide range of content.
- General Assembly is offering Free Fridays through June for their catalog of workshops on a variety of job skill topics such as data analytics, marketing, project management, and more.
- LinkedIn has a series of video courses on working remote topics for employees and leaders.
- Lakeview Pantry
- Northwestern University Settlement House pantry (West Town) - email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a 4-hour shift
- Marillac St. Vincent (email email@example.com) - https://marillacstvincent.org/news/2020/urgentfoodpantryvolunteersneeded.html
- Volunteer for South and West Side families via We Got Us - sign up with this form (and learn more via this article)
- Instituto del Progreso Latino drive up food bank. 2520 S Western Ave, volunteers needed from 9am - 1pm every Monday, email b.taylor at idpl.org.
- Suburban volunteer opportunity: https://www.twiceasnicemc.org/how-to-help
- Help small businesses affected by unrest clean up and rebuild with My Block, My Hood, My City.