Job Title: Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist
Organization: Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist is responsible for fundraising activities related to institutional giving, including grant-writing and reporting, researching and follow-up with corporate and foundation partners and managing those relationships, ensuring that philanthropic funding is available to fill gaps in organizational programs and services.
• Manages program and neighborhood staff in the preparation of proposals, program budgets, reports, letters and other communications related to the solicitation of foundations, corporations, and government funders.
• Manages the department activities, grant, and reporting calendars.
• Oversees the strategy and implementation of affinity groups such as the Chicago Home Safety Partnership (CHSP) and NHS Metro Board.
• Manages all components of the funding prospect program, including conducting research and managing staff in the participation of meetings and other engagement strategies.
• Manages partnership stewardship, engagement and relationship strategies.
• Performs other development duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
o Contributing to implementation of the annual and long range plans to meet the fundraising goals established in the operating budget.
o Supporting Board-led Resource Development Committee, including planning the meeting with the Director of Development and Public Affairs.
• Represents NHS at industry and philanthropic events.
• Supports the RD team with volunteer activities, events, and marketing activities.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Consistently meets designated financial targets as outlined in the annual plan & budget.
• Reports on program activities to funders based upon contracts and letters of understanding.
• Provides leadership in new funding and neighborhood initiatives.
• Represents NHS in a manner that the organization is well thought of in the donor community.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
• Two to four years of experience in grant writing and foundation and corporate solicitation, developing and stewarding relationships required.
• Experience in not-for-profit environment and interest in community development preferred.
Has the ability to:
• Read, analyze, and interpret basic data, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Write grant applications and letters that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and develop and analyze program budgets.
NHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and talented workforce.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the following url for consideration:
Last Day to Apply: 04/30/2017
Posted by: Wendell R. Williams, email@example.com