Job Title: Center Associate, Axelson Center
Organization: North Park University
Department: Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management
Reports To: Director, Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management
Position Summary: Provides part-time support for the Axelson Center through office administration, staff support, Center involvement, internal system development and maintenance, and on-campus system coordination.
– Provide operations support for the Axelson Center including: primary point of contact with on campus support services (mail room, physical plant, IT, business office, development, HR). Tasks include but are not limited to bulk mailings, office space upgrades or maintenance, network and printer maintenance, and new hire access and set-up.
– Responsibility for: handling accounts payable and receivable, donation deposits and acknowledgments, receipt generation, process refunds as needed, tracking and reconciling pcard account.
– Serve as liaison with university Development Office to ensure appropriate information sharing for timely acknowledgment of tax deductible contributions for Symposium.
– Monitoring general email account; tracking inquiries; researching and assigning inquiries to be handled by appropriate staff.
– Oversee internal and online systems for the Axelson Center (database, e-marketing, social media, surveys, website). Make updates to public systems in a timely manner in partnership with Center staff. Maintain customer data, regularly monitor out-of-date or inaccurate information and work with external vendors if required.
– Provide administrative support for the staff of the Axelson Center including: internal meeting planning and prep; meeting or event registration, preparation and follow-up; material requests; reimbursement processing.
– Prepare communications for program participants as well as board and committees.
– Support temporary staff, student workers, and volunteers as needed; identify and delegate tasks and provide oversight for quality assurance.
– Identify and monitor opportunities (events, fundraisers, conferences, trainings) that align with the Center’s mission or could elevate the Center’s profile.
– Monitor nonprofit landscape, conduct research and apprise the Director of key changes, concerns, trends etc.
– Provide research support services for the Axelson Center programs as needed (compiling research data, preparing preliminary reports).
– Serve as point of contact for high-level volunteers with the Center (Advisory Board, and other working committees). Manage RSVPs, special requests, meeting minutes, and data dissemination.
– Provide basic nonprofit sector information and resources for phone or e-mail inquiries.
– Speak on behalf of the Axelson Center to North Park faculty or students who seek information on nonprofit programs, and the nonprofit sector. Serve as occasional substitute staff representative for Axelson Center programs (workshops).
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Part Time
– Bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of paid work experience required. Small office experience or departmental experience a plus.
– Nonprofit sector work experience highly desired. Higher education work experience a plus.
– Experience and references demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
– High level of self-management including the ability to prioritize, work independently and responsibly and meet deadlines.
– Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, planning, and writing skills.
– Independent thinking, problem-solving skills.
– Advanced computer knowledge and troubleshooting skills and ability to train staff as necessary on changes or enhancements.
– Advanced knowledge of relational databases, data analysis and reporting, and segmentation strategies.
– Creative and flexible research skills with ability to analyze, interpret, summarize and present information effectively.
– Experience leading staff, volunteers, or youth through paid work, volunteer projects or special events.
– Comfortable working in a team environment and maintaining good working relationships with diverse audiences.
– Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced working environment and focus on targeted priorities.
– Adaptable and flexible—willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
– Exemplary customer service skills.
– Commitment to Axelson Center values: excellence, multicultural; collaborative; adaptive; ethical; and environmental responsibility.
– Personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education.
Preferred Computer System and Application Experience
– Survey Monkey
– Constant Contact or other e-marketing software
– Microsoft Windows and Office
– Adobe Acrobat
– WordPress website design software
– Cloud-based databases and CRM systems
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
All applicants interested in a staff position at North Park must complete a North Park University employment application. A cover letter and resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application, but they may be submitted along with the application. Screening of applicants will continue until positions are filled and may take up to six weeks.
Last Day to Apply: 03/31/2017
Posted by: HR, HR@northpark.edu