Job Title: Advocate, Supervised Visitation and Safe Exchange Program
Organization: Apna Ghar, Inc. (Our Home)
Apna Ghar, Inc. (Our Home) provides holistic services and conducts advocacy across immigrant communities in the Chicago area to end gender violence. Apna Ghar empowers women to be self-sufficient by a full spectrum of services from education to emergency and transitional housing to counseling and legal services.
Our programs are culturally and linguistically appropriate. Comprehensive services include an emergency shelter, legal advocacy, transitional housing, individual counseling and group therapy, case management, outreach and education, and a supervised visitation and safe exchange center. Visit www.apnaghar.org for more information.
An Advocate in the Supervised Visitation and Safe Exchange (SVSE) Program will supervise court-ordered visitation between non-custodial parents and their children, facilitate safe exchanges of children between parents and provide case management for families. We are searching for an individual who is self-motivated, a self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure. Hours will include weekends and late afternoons/evenings. Position will require working and traveling between site locations.
– Supervises visits and facilitates exchanges, and ensures that all agreements of SVSE Program are adhered to
– Communicates with both custodial and non-custodial parents regarding visitation related concerns
– Conducts intakes with custodial and non-custodial parents, and assists with the placement process
– Supports families that have experienced domestic violence through ensuring the safety of all parties in a conflict-free environment.
– Cultivates impactful relationships with children to ensure child comfort and safety during visitation
– Maintains confidential records and the confidentiality of all information obtained from clients
– Provides referrals to community resources
– Assist with program expansion into new suburban location and enhanced program model
– Reports to SVSE Program Manager
Job Type: Full Time
– Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree & two years of relevant work experience or equivalent qualifications
– Experience working with vulnerable and marginalized populations
– 40-hour IL domestic violence training certification or equivalent
– Fluency in a second language
– Must have access to reliable vehicle and be willing to travel between office sites
– Interest in working as part of a multicultural team and with diverse populations
Education Requirement: Bachelors, Masters
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Advocate – SVSE Program” in subject line. No phone calls, please.
Last Day to Apply: 03/31/2017
Posted by: Tiffany San Jose, email@example.com