Job Title: Accounting & Advancement Administrator
Organization: Interfaith Youth Core
JOIN OUR TEAM
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) is looking for an excellent bookkeeper, data manager and project manager to join our team of interfaith leaders!
WHAT WE DO
IFYC is working to make interfaith cooperation the norm in America. This starts in colleges and universities, where the minds and values of emerging leaders are shaped and conversations take place that steer broad cultural change. We engage with leaders across the campus environment – faculty, staff, administration, and students. We offer the tools, guidance, opportunities and networks needed to bring interfaith learning into their campuses, classrooms, research, and lives.
This position sits within our Operations Team and supports both our Accounting Team with bookkeeping responsibilities and our Institutional Advancement Team with donor stewardship and fundraising administration. Bookkeeping will take approximately 70% of this person’s time, while advancement responsibilities will take approximately 30% of their time.
This is an exciting time to join IFYC. As the organization continues to grow in size and complexity, we recognize that our Accounting Department requires professional bookkeeping skills and experience to keep pace with managing and tracking the organization’s finances. This position will have the opportunity to not only oversee and manage our Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, support fundraising administration and donor stewardship but also consult with management about potential system improvements to ensure we execute IFYC financial procedures at a high level of excellence.
We’re looking for someone is self-motivated, has an eye for systems and a meticulous detail-oriented mindset. One of our core values is that we’re serious about our mission. The person who fills this role will want to support our mission, to make interfaith cooperation a social norm, by being excellent at internal data and financial management. Another core value is that we steward our resources and relationships with conviction. This position has the unique opportunity to uphold this value in both providing 100% accurate financial records as well as providing accurate and personalized donor acknowledgements which is central to our ability to steward our investor relationships.
• Oversee account receivables and accounts payable in QuickBooks.
• Support the organization in exploring new budget management tools to provide our growing organization’s need for more advanced tracking and reporting systems.
• Review expense reimbursement forms and check request forms for proper coding, and exercise discretion on changes that need to be made.
• Manage weekly check cutting process.
• Facilitate invoicing process, including creating, sending, and following up on invoices.
• Supervise relationships with external vendors and create recurring check requests for operational expenses.
• Deposit checks and cash at the bank weekly.
• Report monthly on departmental budgets, and exercise discretion to identify and correct potential errors
• Download and code monthly credit card expenses, and reconcile credit cards in QuickBooks.
• Manage W9s, process and send 1099s annually.
• Identify and record prepaid and accrued expenses as needed.
• Identify and record deferred revenue entries in the general ledger.
• Review the accounts receivable aging report and follow up on outstanding balances.
• Maintain a well-organized filing system of accounts receivables and accounts payables supporting documents.
• Assist Accounting Manager with month end and year end closing.
• Assist Accounting Manager in preparing schedules for annual audit.
• Design and refine processes for recurring donations, including following up on lapsed recurring individual giving donations and foundation grants. Own implementation of these processes and see them through to successful completion.
• Create, monitor and analyze Salesforce reports tracking for open and conversation rates in fundraising campaigns.
• Create and/or monitor Salesforce reports tracking new, lapsed, renewal, and escalation individual donors.
• Implement data entry protocols and continually improve data management process.
• Exercise independent judgment in gathering and presenting financial reporting data to individual funders as needed.
• Prepare supporting documents for grant proposal submissions.
• Maintain a well-organized electronic and hard-copy filing system of all received checks, cash, EFT and stock transfers. Create scans for electronic filing in Salesforce and file hard-copies in filing system.
• Process all credit card donations in Salesforce.
• Participate in monthly donation reconciliation processes with the Accounting Manager.
• Troubleshoot tracking issues and processes with Institutional Advancement team, Salesforce Manager and Accounting Manager.
• Participate, as needed, in check processing procedures.
• Carefully craft catered acknowledgement letters, accounting for the particular relationship with each donor, ensuring high-level donor engagement.
• Create, edit and send annual tax acknowledgement letters for all individual giving donations and foundation grants.
• Maintain a well-organized filing system of signed tax acknowledgement letters in both hard-copy and electronic filing systems.
• Other duties as assigned
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Accounting, Business or Social Sciences
• 3 or more years professional experience in a related field including accounting, fundraising, or nonprofit administration
• Demonstrated accounting, donation/grants management or data management experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Proficient in Quick Books or Salesforce and a willingness to learn and champion both systems
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Passionate commitment to IFYC’s mission of making interfaith cooperation a social norm
• Meticulous and detail-oriented mindset
• Self-motivated and independently sets a high bar of excellence for their work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
• Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter through our job portal https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=IFYC&jobId=127839&lang=en_US&source=CC2
Last Day to Apply: 05/14/2017
Posted by: Angela Zonderman, email@example.com