Job Title: Sales & Marketing Leader
Organization: Top Box Foods
Reporting to the Executive Director, Sheila Kennedy, Top Box Foods is seeking a Sales & Marketing leader who will be a key member of the team and have the opportunity to grow a non-profit social business quickly while taking on substantive community-facing responsibilities. This person will be expected to support business development/sales, create a diversified and successful commissioned sales team, engage new partners and expand existing partner relationships while creating opportunities for communities to have access to affordable, healthy food on an ongoing basis. In addition, this position will have oversight for all marketing strategy and execution. He/she will work closely with partners and internal and external resources to develop, implement, and analyze results of both short-term and long-term communications and marketing plans.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
• Create and lead a high-performing commissioned sales force to increase partner and customer base, expand utilization, and participate in the expansion of product and service offerings. Develop success metrics and drive accountability throughout the sales organization.
• Positive leader and motivator of independent representatives and skilled at being relentless and tenacious with follow-up and territory development, supporting the vision, mission, value, and growth goals of Top Box Foods.
• Manage change positively and convey change principles throughout the organization, communities, and customers served.
• Develop an outreach model that successfully maintains and strengthens relationships with existing partner sites and that acquires and fosters relationships with new partner sites.
• Develop, manage, train, coordinate, and expand Community Ambassador Program.
• Develop standard best practices for all partnerships including community organizations, churches, schools, public, and private organizations to raise awareness of Top Box Food programs.
• Develop and execute an integrated marketing and communications strategy, including public relations to increase public awareness of Top Box Foods in the communities and organizations served.
• Manage customer communications plans (8,000 unique customers and growing).
• Manage organization-wide brand strategy and integration of the brand into all communications.
• Lead the generation of marketing content that reflects the vision, direct service impact and accomplishments of the organization, and inspires and engages multiple audience segments, leading to measurable action.
• Utilize multi-media marketing and communications channels including email and various social media platforms and appropriate analytic tools to define metrics and measure outcomes. Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies and messaging and adjust strategies as required.
Professional and Cultural Characteristics
• Authentic individual who will consistently demonstrate support of the Top Box Foods statement of vision, mission, and core values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts, and showing respect and compassion for the communities served.
• A confident and well-prepared leader who thrives in a lean, not-for-profit environment while influencing change and transformation within the communities they serve.
• Collaborative leader and team player who develops strong working relationships both internally with his/her colleagues, with current and future partners, and within the communities they serve.
• This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, and strong business development skills.
• Results oriented, energetic, resourceful, sophisticated, and organizationally savvy with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to delivering outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working “hands-on.”
• Bright individual with strong ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity, and judgment.
• Highly accountable, with a keen attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic. Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for all parties served. Follows a balanced approach, consistently acting with integrity.
• Highly organized with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully.
Qualifications – Required
• Education and/or experience level equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Professional sales experience and experience leading a commissioned sales force in a lean environment.
• Marketing experience in a for-profit or non-profit environment with exposure to traditional and current social media technology and platforms.
• Understanding of email communication strategies—both written and visual, deliverability, and segmentation practices; social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.).
• Persuasive communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures; track record of working effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
• Manage timelines, budgets, people, and projects to desired outcomes.
Qualifications – Preferred
• Experience with interviewing, hiring, and managing staff.
• Ability to effectively use volunteer recruitment tools, work with organizations offering pro bono assistance, and track, analyze, and report data.
• Familiarity using CRM tools (preferably Salesforce) and Analytics (such as Google Analytics).
• Not-for-profit experience.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Cindy Pallman-David at Cindy@hanoldassociates.com, with the subject line: Top Box Foods, Sales & Marketing Leader application.
Last Day to Apply: 12/31/2017
Posted by: Breanne Sharos, firstname.lastname@example.org