Job Title: Program Coordinator
Organization: Center for Economic Progress
The Center for Economic Progress (CEP) envisions an America of shared prosperity, where all working families can access the financial opportunities they need to succeed. CEP helps low- income, working families as a trusted provider of tax and financial services. Everything we do, from direct service to informing public policy, improves the financial stability of those we serve. Refer to www.economicprogress.org for more information about CEP’s programs.
The Program Coordinator provides program support, project management, and administrative services for the Asset Building Programs department.
Program Support (Approximately 65% of the position):
Asset Building Programs
● Participate in program planning and implementation for the Tax Services department including tax season services, Money Action Days and other activities.
● Serve as primary liaison for Tax Services clients, reviewing tax returns, researching tax scenarios, and troubleshooting client customer service. Return client emails and phone calls with highest level of customer service.
● Visit tax services program at community tax sites throughout the tax season, as needed
● Support Operations Manager in coordinating the logistics of tax season preparation
● Fill in Site Management duties at tax sites during the tax season, as necessary and if possible.
● For the volunteer training program for the tax season, retain existing and recruit new instructors for in-person trainings when needed. Develop and coordinate instructors’ schedules, addressing gaps and troubleshooting to ensure adequate coverage.
● Manage the planning and coordination of the logistics related to site manager training
● Serve as primary or assistant instructor and/or back-up for in-person trainings, when needed
● Project manage the online training updates, including managing the developers, voice over talent, and CEP staff, copy editing and proofreading training documents for online and in-person trainings.
● Review and provide content to our online and in-person training curriculum, as needed
● With the Director, develop consistent and timely performance evaluation methodology for instructors
● Manage requests from community groups for tax and financial workshops. Triage requests
● Collect evaluations and aggregate data through Salesforce and/or online survey tools to help Program team evaluate the effectiveness of training and presenters
● Teach Personal Finance 101 and Credit 101 workshops, when needed
Program Administrative Support (Approximately 30%)
● Manage customer service efforts including the firstname.lastname@example.org email account, triage inquiries as needed
● Provide administrative support for the Asset Building Programs department, including expense report, purchase order, and check request processing
● Enter tax client data and records into Salesforce ensuring all data is entered completely and consistently
Other (Approximately 5%)
● Attend and actively participate in required educational programs and departmental and staff meetings
● Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
● Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
● Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
● Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required.
● Minimum of four years employment experience in an office environment
● Minimum of two years project management and expertise in logistics required
● Past customer service experience helpful
● Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, tax preparation and tax law required
● Experience in a non-profit environment working with a volunteer corps preferred
Specific Skills and Knowledge
• Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel software is expected
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software helpful
• Bilingual Spanish helpful
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for CEP’s mission.
• Proactive; must be willing to seek out new methods and new principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success in project and deadline management
• Proven customer service skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize competing priorities
• Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work positively and professionally with people of diverse backgrounds.
Education Requirement: Bachelors
How to Apply
• Submit cover letter, resume, and your salary requirement to: email@example.com. Please write your name (Last, First) in the subject line of your e-mail
• Incomplete applications will not be accepted
• No phone calls please. Position begins as soon as possible.
Last Day to Apply: 04/14/2017
Posted by: Brian Grundy, firstname.lastname@example.org